Monday, September 27, 2010

Taco Soup in 90 degree Weather!

It occured to me today, as I was simmering taco soup for dinner, why my mom thought it was odd that I wanted to go and get soup in the middle of summer (this was in July, while we were visiting Medford). I remember eating homemade soup on cold, rainy days as a child. Now I'm here, making this large pot of soup in 90 degree weather, where the sun is shining, and the earth surrounding me is green and lush. It's strange to live somewhere where the weather pretty much goes from hot and rainy to hot and dry, and I am missing Fall. I want to put on a sweater and a pair of waist slimming jeans for pete sakes! Instead of stomping my boots in a pile of crisp fall leaves, I am crunching crabs with my tires as I drive-sick and wrong I know, but it sounds awesome! I think Jer might miss the changing seasons a bit too. A few days ago he bought cocoa mix and we both enjoyed a steamy mug of hot chocolate in our humid house! So give fall a kiss for us, and tell him that while he has forgotten to come here I am still trying to pretend he exists!

2 comments:

Matty and Jen-i said...

There is no reason you still can't have your "fall" traditions! You'll miss the warm weather as soon as you guys are done.. so ENJOY!! Especially when we're begging for the snow to go away.

Anjalique said...

Don't worry--I also am in the habit of cooking hot meals on hot days. Don't know why. I need to obtain more recipes for salads or something. It is definitely Fall here, and I'm kinda thinking that warm weather would be nice! :)