Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our Short Summer Story

Well its been over 2 months and I'm FINALLY getting around to updating this here blog. I know, I know some of you are none to happy with me but cut me some slack, we a had a busy summer. Now I have a lot of explaining to do. Our original plan was to remain in Grenada over summer break and we made it to July when some generous family members gave us a little extra cash for school, etc. We then decided to take a much needed trip back to the states. Don' get me wrong, we are loving Grenada but we were definitely ready for a break from the extra rainy days and increase of mosquito's that rainy season brings! So we found a flight and two weeks later, surprise, we were showing up to our families 4th of July party in Utah. Two days later we drove to Oregon, then back to Utah for 2 weeks. Next on the itinerary was a 4 day trip to Bear Lake, after which we went back to Salt Lake and finally headed home to Grenada one week Later! Whew!! We did a lot of traveling but enjoyed every second of family, food, and fun.

While in the states we spent our time shopping, playing, and eating out at our favorite American restaurants. I must of gained at least 10 pounds, all of which I plan to sweat off in Grenada.We were also so excited to be there for the birth of little Elijah, the newest member of our family (my nephew). We fell in love with this little guy and it was hard to leave just 2 weeks after he was born. Emma and I took full advantage of the short time we had with him and were labeled "baby hogs" by the rest of the family.

Now that we are back in Grenada it's back to life as usual. Jerod spends most of his time on campus and Emma and I are back to working on our tans at various pools and beaches. Emma has also gone back to her playgroup twice a week, and it looks like I will be doing some substitute teaching there every once in awhile. It was awesome to be back in the states, but coming home to Grenada reminded me how grateful I am for the carefree and laid back lifestyle that island life lends us.

So there you have it, our entire summer in 3 puny paragraphs! Oh, and I must thank my dear friend Ashley for sharing her blog expertise with me so that our site could be re-designed, you're the best. Happy catching up everyone!

Here's a few photos from our trip to the states

Emma adored her new cousing Eli!


Emma and Daddy turning Uncle Tanner into a "sand lobster!"


Watch out, Emma could hardly turn this thing but LOVED driving it!
Enjoying all our free time together!

5 comments:

Reece said...

Are you really coming back to the blogging world?? I love the updated site! It looks great!

todd and jeanette said...

it was so great seeing you on your whirlwind visit! i'm still super jealous of your awesome tan (even though you said it had faded when i saw it).

Matty and Jen-i said...

It was seriously the best having you home for a while! But we miss you already.. especially that little Emma Jean! Sam still talks about her all the time. Keep updating your blog cuz I still look even though I don't update mine :)

Lauren and Chase said...

yeah! Welcome back! I too will be back soon, we just got internet today! haha from how long it took to get it, i thought I was back on the island! Miss you!!!!

Anjalique said...

Aw, wish we could've seen you guys when you came back to the states! Someday, someday...