Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Thoughts, Walks, and More...

Today my heart is full of gratitude. We had an excellent week and I feel so lucky to be here. It is afterall a once in a lifetime opportunity. I want to take the time to thank all of my family members (hopefully you know who you are) who have made it possible for us to be here. So many of you have helped us in countless ways and we have not forgotten about it! We have been here for just over 2 months and not a day goes by without us realizing how grateful we are to be here, sharing this experience as a family. Each Sunday we usually go for a walk on the beach or in our neighborhood and we still look at each other and say, "I can't believe we are here, and that this is where we live." Grenada is such a beautiful place full of amazing people. We will indeed come home with a different perspective on life. I wish sometimes that I could place all of my experiences and feelings in a jar and send them home to you so that you could understand what it's like to live here, but my blog explanations and skype calls will have to do.

 I am also incredibly grateful for the new friendships we have made here. We have a network of support that I know I can count on. They are my Grenadian family that I love so much (again, hopefully you know who you are). I have enjoyed learning from you, crying with you, and most importantly laughing with you. We are all so far away from home but so blessed to have each other. Thank you for being there for me.

Okay, now that I have all the touchy feely stuff out of the way.... Have a great week everyone!
(and for the Grandmas here is a picture of Emma on our Sunday walk last week, she wanted Dadda to write her name in the sand)

2 comments:

Reece said...

Great post Stefani! I really need to enjoy and appreciate the time we are here, everyday. This really is a once in a lifetime experience we will never get again.

grandma gooch said...

just wanted to say hello and thanks for the pictures!