Monday, February 8, 2010

What a Cry Baby

Today, I must admit, I am EXTREMELY homesick. While the Grenadians are enjoying the day off to celebrate their independence I'm stuck at home with a sick kid. Even though this Holiday has nothing to do with anything back at home I feel like I should be doing something fun with my family. Instead I'm here balling my eyes out. I'm crying because I want to be making homemade pizza and applesauce with my sisters. I'm crying because I don't feel like being a housewife today-doing laundry and dishes. I'm crying because I want Emma to be running around with her cousins instead of tearing the house apart. I'm crying because I want Jerod to stop studying and make me feel better. I'm crying because I want to have game night where I can stay up late and laugh hysterically at all of our crazy comments. I'm crying because I want to put on my sweats and take a nap under 5 layers of blankets in my parents freezing cold basement. Finally, I am crying because my landlords upstairs are having a very noisy party.

Okay so enough crying already! I'm slightly embarrassed to be bearing my soul to who knows who on my blog. I'm sure my friends here are laughing by now and thinking, "she'll get over it, I did!" But I share nothing but the truth and todays truths aren't so pleasant. Some days are just harder than others and today happens to be one of them. Reality is that this happens to be our home now and we do enjoy it most of the time! We did have a great weekend and actually got to spend some time on the beach with friends. Ahh, I feel better now to get it all out. Thank you for listening, well actually reading, whoever you are.

7 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

I'm Here Stef!! You can cry to me anytime, cause we all have those days. I'm so sorry that you had to feel all alone - call me next time and we can cry together... or go do something fun :)

Ashley said...

Stef! I'm so sorry you had such a bad day! :( Why didn't you call me?! Let's go play today. Do you have time?

Lauren and Chase said...

I'm sorry your day was rough yesterday! Don't think your ever alone! We understand the hard days! Call if you need anything! We are all here for each other!

Richards Fam said...

Girls, thank you thank you for your friendships. I know I can count on you guys for just about anything!

Mardi said...

Stef, I know for sure U can handle this! U are a STRONG woman and the BEST Mom! U R the strength Jerod can lean on and the one that Emma needs the MOST:)Just think of how things will be when this is all said and done. I know U and I aren't that close, but U are my sister n' law and I only want U and your family to be safe, happy and be able to enjoy your surroundings. Know that we all love you, and with your faith things will be achieved! Love to you both. Jerod, I love with all my heart for you are my brother. Please know that you are forever on our minds and in our hearts from many thousands of miles away!

Wendy said...

Stef...how did I miss this post? (You know I'm such the blog stalker!)
Anyway I don't have anything fabulous to say, except HANG IN THERE!!!
Love,
W

Matty and Jen-i said...

Oh Stefie! We miss you too! I think about you all the time... especially when I'm with Sam trying to find something to do while Matt's busy in school or studying. I tell Sam, "What do you think Stef and Emma are doing today?" I wish we could just drop by and go to the beach together :) Love you!